Welcome to AICR Australia
AICR The International Association for Deputy Managers and Front Office Managers of Luxury Hotels
Amicale Internationale des sous-directeurs et chefs de reception des grands hotels
Emily Short from Doma Hotels Canberra, the winner of best Receptionist in Australia 2016 represented AICR Australia in 2017 David Campbell Trophy's Receptionist of the Year Competition by attending the Congress from 22-26 February in Paris, France and was awarded 1st runner up place, congratulations.
Our main focus is to engage our young talent and drive new memberships to represent AICR Australia in 2018 at DCT Hotel Receptionist of the Year Competition by attending the Congress in Switzerland from 31 January - 4 February 2018.
AICR Australian President's Welcome
Welcome to AICR Australia, a non-profit organisation. AICR is the International Association for Deputy Managers and Front Office Managers of Luxury Hotels.
I first became involved with AICR as a competitor and since 2010 I have acted as the Treasurer of the New Zealand section. I am also proud to be the President of AICR Australia and very excited to have relaunched this prestigious organisation in Australia.
On joining AICR Australia you will also become part of the Amicale network with over 2000 AICR members worldwide.
Via this website we endeavour to reflect our passion for hospitality and front office management professions. We also wish to inspire the younger generation and develop our network with other hoteliers and business partners.
Since AICR was founded in 1964 with several front office managers of luxury hotels on the French Riviera Côte d’Azur, Amicale has expanded to become an international organisation that now represents 18 countries.
It is our privilege to perpetuate the spirit of Amicale, where human relationships are an endless source of inspiration, exchange and mutual support. At the same time, we would like to integrate new technologies and communication media that have changed the vision of the hospitality industry.
AICR allows its members to participate regularly in various events organised throughout the year.
Please feel free to contact me at any time for further information.
I hope to be able to meet you at one of our future events very soon.
Founded in the Cote d'Azur in France in 1964, the Registered Office of the AICR is the Hotel Ritz, Paris and we currently have 18 sections: Australia, Austria, Cote d’Azur, France, Czech Republic, United Arab Emirates, Estonia, Germany, Indonesia, Italy, Morocco, New Zealand, Qatar, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom and Poland.
- To promote social interaction amongst its members and sections
- To discuss common work issues
- To encourage best practices in the front-of-house/hospitality industry
- To promote and organise any scheme for raising and dispensing funds for training or educational or charity purposes
- To enhance the knowledge and professionalism of Rooms Division management
- To work closely with various hotels, tourism associations, other hospitality associations and hospitality institutions from member countries to promote tourism and attract young people to join the hotel industry and promote their career in the Rooms Division
- Manage and run the Receptionist of The Year competitions in each section culminating in the annual David Campbell Trophy – the international Receptionist of the Year Competition
It is important that AICR International consistently advances itself in this ever-changing age, but do not lose sight of old traditions – as these are important foundations that AICR International was built upon. AICR Presidents picture was taken in Vienna 2016. This year the DCT winner was Beatrice Gallo from UK.